"...how shall I bear so much happiness!"

December 9, 2014

Dear Jane,

I have decided to write you directly as I have the most riveting and extraordinary news to share with you! Now, I am going to ask that you sit down when you read this for you may not believe what I must tell you and may very well suffer a fainting spell....Are you quite ready, Jane?


 Last night, my sisters and I attended an athletic event known as a "basketball game" and had the opportunity to see their Royal Highnesses, William & Catherine, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in person! Forgive me, Jane, for I am still overwhlemed by the fact that we were truly in the same room as them! I should also note that the King and Queen of American Pop Music, Beyoncé and Jay-Z, were in attendance and met the Royal couple as well. I must say that I never thought that I would ever see them in person and it was a dream come true, Jane. Catherine and William have long been favorites of mine and my sister's and we just simply had the time of our lives. In truth, I don't believe I watched more than one minute of the sporting event, for either we were sharing our binocular device to observe Beyoncé and Jay-Z or to revel at the nearness of their Royal Highnesses; we were in a constant state of elation. To quote Jane Bennet in Pride & Prejudice, "...how shall I bear so much happiness!" I will surely never forget how the entire stadium rose to their feet and cheered the Royal Couple as they entered the arena; it was breathtaking, Jane.



The above video is my own footage of the enchanting meeting between the two couples. To use a modern term of this day and age, Jane, last night I was, "totally fan-girling" and this video surely provides evidence of that fact. I would say that I was ashamed of my clamorous screams, but #sorrynotsorry. I am aware that some of these modern sentiments may be lost on you, dear Jane, but they are the only appropriate words I can seem to find at this moment. 



 I must also confess to you that on the evening that the Duke and Duchess arrived in New York City, I journeyed to the Upper East Side to see them arrive at their hotel. My dear friend, Logan, was good enough to travel there with me and only teased me a little in regards to my rather senseless fascination with the Royal couple. There were quite a few people there so all I saw was the top of Prince William's adorably, bald head. 


The Royal Motorcade arriving at The Carlyle
with the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge.
Now, at the risk of causing further annoyance or envy amongst my friends and neighbors, I shall try not to boast of this once in a lifetime opportunity ever again...though this shall be a very difficult task, I daresay.

Before I take my leave, I wanted to tell you of one more event from more than a month ago that I feel it my duty to disclose to you. I happily attended my sister, Regina's, annual "All Hallows Eve Ball" dressed as you, Jane! Needless to say, I tied for first place in the costume competiton and went on to win the "dance off." It was a fearsome battle between myself and Edward Scissor-Hands. Luckily, once Beyoncé's, "Single Ladies," began to play, I knew there was no stopping me for you were the world's greatest single lady and my dance would be a tribute to you. 



Oh, Jane, I am so truly happy that not even this horrid and dreadful weather could dash my spirits today. I hope you have enjoyed hearing of my Royal adventure for I undoubtedly enjoyed experiencing it.

Yours Faithfully,

Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jane & Charlotte: Finding Common Ground in Hartford

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of."

"One cannot have too large a party."