"Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure."

January 9, 2015

Dear Jane,

I fear that you won't be surprised to know how horrid I feel that I have not yet wished yourself or my gentle readers the happiest of Christmases or the grandest of New Years. Pray, take comfort in the fact that the new year has renewed my intentions to write as often as possible (without becoming a burden, of course).


Our lovely Christmas tree.
In truth, I can hardly believe that the New Year has once again come and our lives have already taken up the same busy pace of last year without a single backward glance. Why must one feel so forlorn after the holiday season ends, Jane? How dreadfully I miss the glad tidings of Christmas, with it's abundance of delicious foods, dear friends and family and general gaiety all around; it was such a tremendous time. However, I suppose there's truth in the sentiment that all good things must eventually end, for if we only knew good things, then we would never appreciate these truly special moments that come but once a year.

Two-thousand and fourteen was quite a year, was it not? I peformed in three professional productions, made countless new friends, traveled to new places and learned some rather important lessons along the way. I confess there were a great many ups and downs but I am pleased to say that I have no regrets, Jane. We must remember and reflect on everything that transpired in the past year, but as Elizabeth Bennet wisely told Mr. Darcy, "Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure." 

Now that two-thousand and fifteen has finally arrived, I am delighted to report that I will once again be traveling this great country with another theatrical production, Jane! I confess that I am rather nervous to begin this venture as it is with a different company from last year's tour, but I am confident that they are similar enough in foundation that I will adjust accordingly. Plainly speaking, I will again find myself journeying by way of a large van with five other brave souls. I know from experience that this is a rather trying way of life, but I would be telling a falsehood if I didn't say that it is also rather thrilling as you never know what each day will bring!

Anyway, this upcoming production is called, Miss Nelson is Missing. It just so happens that I have done this show before, and I will be reprising the the dual roles of Miss Nelson and Viola Swamp. I absolutely loved playing the role of Miss Nelson a couple of years ago and was eager to perform it again if the opportunity ever presented itself.  It is my hope that you will get a clearer understanding of this exciting show from the pictures below.


The evil, Miss Viola Swamp is Miss Nelon's
alter ego and solution for her boisterous class.
The sweet-tempered, Miss Nelson and the class of 207.











As you can see, Miss Nelson is quite interesting with a good many secrets of her own. I am eager to rediscover this character as well as frighten young children across the country into being good for their poor teachers through the power of theater, song and dreadfully horrid makeup.  Our rehearsals will begin next week and will continue for nearly a fortnight.  After that, we will perform our show until June (which is quite a long time, indeed).

I am sure that the coming year will bring many exciting stories and events to regale you with, Jane. Who knows, maybe I'll even find a Mr. Darcy along the way!

Yours Faithfully,

Amanda

P.S.  Please accept my best wishes for a prosperous and advantageous new year, gentle readers! 

Comments

  1. Whoa, congratulations! And now you must share your schedule - will you be performing near the environs of Connecticut? Can we see you at your frightening best? Will I get the chance to see you at a meet and greet after the show where I can bestow the feedback of "You're mean" in your general direction? So many questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rick! I do not know my schedule yet, but I do know we will be in CT and I will most definitely let you know of dates, times and venues! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jane & Charlotte: Finding Common Ground in Hartford

"Oh! Do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch."

"One cannot have too large a party."